Monday, June 22, 2009

Elvis

Many thanks to the Dicksons. Elvis is one lucky pup!



We were curious when we first got Elvis in December as to what exactly he was mixed with. We knew he was primarily German Shepherd because of all the dominant appearance characteristics. When I came across happydogdna.com I was excited. I would finally get answers. I ordered it and it came in quickly with easy directions. I followed them then popped it in the mail. It seemed so quick when the results came in and I was actually quite surprised. I have attached a photo of our Elvis and here are his results. And as of around a month ago. He was 10 months old at just shy of 60 pounds.
  • Level 2: German Shepherd
  • Level 4: Akita
  • Level 5: Afghan Hound
  • Level 5: Chinese Shar-Pei.
Wow What a truly unique mix. I must say it is helpful to know a dog's breeds. Elvis is going to be 1 year old on the 4th of July 2009. Last month he was diagnosed with hip dysplasia. It is very common in German Shepherds. We caught it extremely early, due to my motherly paranoia with my furbaby. He is being treated for it and seems to be doing great. Some people feel a free dog shouldn't cost much. I feel no matter how much they cost initially they are family and it doesn't matter what they cost. I rescued Elvis for free and he will be our four legged furry son until the day the good Lord takes him home. Thank you so much happydogdna.com we are extremely appreciative.

Elvis' MOM and DAD
The Dicksons

No comments: