- Level 1: Over 75% of the DNA found in your dog is from the breed listed.
- Level 2: Each breed listed represents between 37-74% of your dog’s DNA
- Level 3: Each breed listed represents between 20-36% of your dog’s DNA
- Level 4: Each breed listed represents between 10-19% of your dog’s DNA
- Level 5: Each breed listed represents less than 10% of your dog’s DNA.
Monday, November 3, 2008
When a customer receives the Ancestry Analysis Certificate for their dog, the breeds that make up their pet are presented in five different levels, depending on the amount of DNA present. The levels are defined below:
Toby's owners submitted his results after receiving them about two weeks after ordering the test from Happy Dog DNA (including shipping time in three directions!). The following is the note from his proud owners:
Toby wanted me to send his picture along with the results of his DNA test:
- Cocker Spaniel: Level 2
- Chow Chow: Level 4
- Yorkshire Terrier: Level 4
- Dachshund: Level 5
He said he believes it all except the dachshund!
Thanks for such a cool product!And thanks to Toby's owners for helping us out. Note from Happy Dog: Toby's Level 5 Dachsund indicates that he is less than 10% Dachsund which means the dominant characteristics of the Dachsund may not be evident.