Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Shasta



Hi, Happy Dog DNA!

I just very happy for the results that I received in regards to my dog, Shasta. I would love it if you could post the following message on you blog.

About seven year's ago, I was hounding my parents to adopt a dog. After about a year and a half of searching, my dad finally found Shasta at an SPCA. She was a stray dog, but based on her loving demeanor you could not tell it one bit. We were originally drawn to her for her gentle nature and her affectionate personality. Her markings are what stood out to us as well. The SPCA that we adopted Shasta at, claimed that she was a Labrador Retriever/ Border Collie Mix.

From the beginning we always wondered what breeds Shasta was. We talked with some of our closest friends and relatives, who were dog fanatics about what breeds Shasta could possibly be. These were the main breeds that we thought Shasta was made up of: Labrador Retriever, Border Collie, Dalmatian (she has spotted ears), and Australians Shepard.

I finally decided that enough was enough with these guessing games. I wanted to find out for sure what Shasta was! I ordered the DNA test and waited for the results.

My whole family and I are quite shocked with how the results came out.

Shasta's ancestry is made up of:
  • Level 3-Schnauzer
  • Level 4-Border Collie
  • Level 4-Rhodesian Ridgeback
  • Level 4-Scottish Terrier
  • Level 4-Shetland Sheepdog
  • Level 4- Yorkshire Terrier
  • Level 5- Siberian Husky
Now that I have found out her results, some of her weird behaviors are making sense. Her coloring also makes a great deal of sense as well. We are very pleased that this mystery is finally solved!

Thank You,
Andrea
San Francisco, CA

No comments: