Monday, March 29, 2010

Bella


Hi Happy Dog DNA,

I wanted to tell you a little about my dog Bella, and also the results from her DNA test! To make a long story short, Bella was a dog-sitting job that was supposed to be for a weekend, but turned into forever. Of course I wouldn't have it any other way. She is my best friend and I can't imagine what my life would be like without her.

I always knew she was a lab mix, I just never knew what she was mixed with. I have to say, the results from the test totally blew me away! Her results were:
  • Level: 3 Afghan Hound
  • Level: 3 Labrador Retriever
  • Level: 4 Boxer
  • Level: 4 Poodle
  • Level: 5 Basenji
  • Level: 5 Greyhound
Wow, the two breeds I never in a million years would have guessed would be Boxer and Basenji. When I read about the Basenji on your website, I learned that they groom themselves like cats, and Bella has always done that! I always thought it was just a weird habit of hers, but now I see that it comes from way back in her ancestor's heritage!

This test was so fun and interesting, and I'm happy to now know where some of her personality traits come from. (I'm also guessing the reason she is so smart is cause she is both Poodle and Lab!) Anyway thanks so much for a great and affordable product, Bella and I are both very pleased!

The Grahams
Johnstown, PA

No comments: