Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lizzy

As you can see, Lizzy's owner put some serious effort into her results (click on the pie chart for more detail)! Thanks to Kristin for doing all that work and sharing her story with www.HappyDogDNA.com.

We received the results in the mail today!! I can't say we were surprised to find out Lizzy wasn't all border collie - but wow - to find out she was NO border collie and with so much variety/little tiny dogs was VERY surprising. We got Lizzy a month ago from a Border Collie Rescue agency. But, she is VERY laid back with little/ no behaviors that I would pin to that breed. So, many nights the dog breed book would come out and we would try to match up her looks with her behavior. She seems so big for 5 months -- but she is long/not tall -- with a curly tail. I was guessing some border collie, some chow (curly tail), maybe some sheltie, maybe some poodle (curly hair), maybe some Bernese Mtn dog. We love knowing. I am attaching a 'chart' I made - fudging the levels to their approximates and her baby picture collage.

Thanks,
Kristin

Lizzy's DNA test results:
  • Chinese Shar-Pei: Level 3
  • Lhasa Apso: Level 4
  • Pekingese: Level 4
  • Shetland Sheepdog: Level 4
  • Golden Retriever: Level 5
  • Poodle: Level 5
  • Shih Tzu: Level 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me want to test my dog!