Friday, April 16, 2010

Sophie


Hi Happy Dog DNA,

I just got the results for my dog Sophie and wanted to share my results/comments for your blog, I’ve also attached a picture of her.

When I bought my dog Sophie I was told she was a Maltichon – a bichon frise mixed with a maltese but she really didn’t look like a maltichon (short, straight hair, long nose) plus she sheds a fair amount and bichon/maltese mixes generally have very minimal to no shedding, so I decided to do the DNA test for my own curiosity. I received my results and she’s:
  • Level 2 Bichon Frise
  • Level 3 Pekingese
  • Level 5 Rottweiler
I find the Pekingese and Rottweiler dna hard to believe as Pekingese are also non-shedding and have very flat faces and long hair and the Rottweiler dna??? She’s 6 lbs and white lol… but I was happy to see she’s mostly Bichon Frise even though she doesn’t have the Bichon hair.

I do want to mention the service I received from Brett at Customer Service was by far one of the best experiences I have had when dealing with an online company. Thanks Brett!

Shauna,
Fisher Branch,
Manitoba, Canada


Thanks for the kind comments, Shauna. The Level 5 (low percentage) result indicating Rottweiler is likely the result of very small traces of a breed that is not in our database. The DNA analysis software will assign unidentified breeds to the next closest DNA match.

1 comment:

Penelope Morningstar said...

I just received my "results" of the DNA and feel certain you must have sent the wrong results. I'm attaching a photo of Bailey, who couldn't possibly by German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Bull Terrier, Airedale, bulldog, and Parson Russell. As you can see she doesn't look like any of these. She looks like a blond border collie and behaves like one too. i have no interest in establishing any purebred status, I was just looking to find out about her background because everyone thinks she's so pretty and asks about what she is. I am very disappointed in your services and plan to contact the BioPet Lab directly to ask for a retake.
Penelope
Wilmington NC
Photo attached