Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Boli



I just wanted to take a minute and tell you about Boli. My family and I were recently stationed in Guam the beginning of this year. My children wanted a puppy really bad prior to coming here, I told them if they could wait until we got settled in down here that we would get them one. Well we got settled in and went to the pound here and started looking for a dog.
We already had a name picked out and (my kids picked it out), then we came across Boli. She was in there with 4 other pups all from the same litter.

Guam has a major overflow of homeless dogs here, called "boonie dogs". It's sad so they had a lot to choose from. When we came across Boli she immediately stood out from the rest of them in her litter. She was only 8 1/2 weeks old but already sat and stayed on command and she loved my children. We didn't know what her name was or even her gender when we made the decision to get her, we then read her chart and found out she was a girl and her name at the pound was Bali, with an A! My kids had picked out the spelling so we changed the one letter to an o and brought her home a few days later. She's a wonderful dog and fits in great with out family. I would never have guess what she was in a million years, we were thinking lab of some sort. Her results came back with:
  • Level 2 Schnauzer
  • Level 3 German Shorthaired Pointer
  • Level 4 Irish Setter
  • Level 4 Saluki
After reading up on the breeds I think she gets most of her personality from the Schnauzer and looks like the Pointer. It was great to find this out. Thank you so much. If I get another dog in the future I will definitely use you guys again!

Jessica
Yigo, Guam

No comments: