Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lulabelle




Hi Happy Dog DNA! I wanted to email you guys with the results of my dog's, Lulabelle, DNA.

My friend, my running buddy, my confidante...

We found our Lulabelle at a Central California SPCA adoption center. We had been searching for months for a pup that would be a good match for our family. I saw her picture on their website so we went to meet her. It was love at first sight. Her sweet brown eyes and wonderful demeanor with my young son sealed the deal and she went home with us that night. I found out that she is extremely intelligent, she has been a dream to train. As she started to put on some weight and widen out, I began to wonder what kind of breeds she is. The SPCA had her listed as a Lab/Hound mix, but our vet thought she might be a Pitt Bull/Lab mix. I knew that whatever she is, it wouldn't make me love her any less, but curiosity finally got the best of me. After much anticipation, her "ancestry" turned out to be;
  • Level 3 Saluki
  • Level 4 Bichon Frise
  • Level 4 Border Collie
  • Level 4 Irish Setter
  • Level 4 Papillon
  • Level 4 Poodle
I was floored when I read this! She really doesn't seem to have many traits of any one of the above mentioned breeds, not to mention her extremely short hair and coloring in comparison to them. She does have the speed of a Saluki and/or a Border Collie. She could play ball all day long and likes to get in the water at the lake. Thanks www.HappyDogDNA.com! :-)

The Smith Family
Oakhurst, CA

No comments: