Friday, August 20, 2010

Griffen




I adopted Griffen when he was between 8-10 weeks old from Guam Animals in Need (G.A.I.N.) while I was stationed at Andersen AFB, Guam in 2007. He was a tiny puppy, weighing it at only 7 lbs. Now full grown, Griffen weighs around 50 lbs. We stayed in Guam until March of 2008 and then flew back to the states. He traveled with me to my next base in Florida and then back to my home state of Pennsylvania when my enlistment was finished. So he is definitely well-traveled! He always adjusted very well to his new surroundings. I used to tell people he was a Guamanian Shepherd, because I had no idea what he was.

Griffen is a very gentle and calm dog who loves to snuggle. He can be very shy at times though. He gets along well with other dogs and his feline roomate, Bella. He enjoys going to visit his playmates: Ruger, a German Shorthair Pointer, at my boyfriend's house; Harley, a German Shepherd, at my dad's house; and Lexie, Savanna, and Mikie, all Boston Terriers, at my mom's house.
Griffen definitely has a personality and he's pretty smart too. I've had so many people ask me what kind of dog he is and I have often wondered myself, so when I heard of DNA testing for dogs, I got right online and found Happy Dog DNA. Everyone tried to guess what breeds he had in him as I waited for the results to get here, and honestly, no one even guessed any, not even myself!

  • Level 3: Akita
  • Level 3: Boston Terrier
  • Level 4: Newfoundland
  • Level 4: Pomeranian
  • Level 4: Shih Tzu

Quite an interesting mix, huh? I was thrilled about the Boston Terrier in him, because they are my favorite breed. But regardless of what makes up my little buddy's genetics, I love him like family and he will always be my spoiled Guam dog!

Thanks Happy Dog DNA!
Krista
Lock Haven, PA

No comments: