Monday, November 30, 2009

Nyah



Nyah's results were:
  • Level 2: English Springer Spaniel
  • Level 4: Akita & English Setter
  • Level 5: German Shepherd, Siberian Husky & Pug!
Yet she resembles a Border Collie more than anything (not in the results!) I adopted her on 9/11/09 when I visited our local Briarcliff SPCA with a cat-food donation. My beloved pug had passed away in June & I had a miserable summer. I went there with no DEFINITE intentions, but I DID completely empty-out the back of my Tahoe (just in case!) She had come into the shelter just the night before, not even 24 hours, in a van driven by a blessed volunteer woman who brought up a bunch of adoptable adult mixed breeds from a high-kill South Carolina shelter. She had come in as a "stray", but it was explained to me that this often happens in the South due to lack of leash-laws.

Somebody had invested time in her. She knew sit, stay, come & we actually had to coax her to come join us on the couch (we're not that strict here!). We love each other like we've been together forever, I was blessed to find her -- we were both just in the right place at the right time!

She was a bit scrawny, we have built-her-up with lots of healthy food, LONG walks daily, brushing & love & affection; she's met all the neighbors & had play-dates with their dogs. We installed invisible fence for her & are working on that now. I'm considering registering us for obedience this winter, not that she needs it, but it's a pre-requisite to agility & I'd like to try that with her in the spring, to better channel her energies! So as of now, there couldn't have been a "happier ending" for Nyah's saga, but it's far from an ending as I'm considering adopting her a play-mate in the spring/summer as my boy will be heading off to college & it will be another tough time here!

Roberta
Katonah, NY

Nyah looks like she's a very close member of the family! Thanks for the photos and for sharing her story.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so what is the mane 2 breads that you thank she is my dog looks just like her

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Ricky-Bennett/100_3984.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Ricky-Bennett/100_3985.jpg