|DNA Pet ID|
Were you aware that the incidence of pet theft is increasing by over 30% per year according to AKC and ASPCA? Take a look at this CBS New York article. Microchipping is an excellent way to tag and identify your dog and now Pet ID is the perfect complement to that technology.
What are the benefits of Pet ID?
- Pet ID provides absolute proof of your dog’s identity via DNA. There is no better way to prove that your beloved pet belongs to you.
- Your private, online account is protected by username and password.
- Your account allows you to store pet information, medical records, photos and preferences all in one convenient place.
- Allows you to search for a lost pet with the help of your local resources.
How does it work?
- The Pet ID kit includes everything you need to collect your dog’s DNA.
- You collect DNA by swabbing the inside of your dog’s cheeks. Simple.
- Mail the DNA swabs to the lab using the pre-paid envelope.
- Once the samples arrive at the lab, you will receive an email instructing you how to access your private and secure online account.
- You then have access to all of your dog’s account information where you can upload medical records, photos, and other pet information.
What Pet ID does NOT do:
- Pet ID will not identify the breeds in your dog (that would be the Wisdom Panel test).
- Pet ID does not provide specific breed or health information.
Check out the Happy Dog DNA website to learn more: happydogdna.com/pet-id/