Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tawny



Thank You!!

I got Tawny this past Nov for free. She was much smaller than any Golden Retriever I had ever seen so I just assumed she was a mix. She was a poor mess and we were her 4th home. In the first 2 weeks I had spent $900 on vet bills.
At her first vet visit I told them she was a Golden Retriever mix. The vet took one look at her and said, "I thinks she's a purebred." I was shocked. I tried to argue with her. There's no way, she's too small. We are always stopped by people saying what a beautiful Golden Retriever puppy we have. I sound like a broken record always saying, "She's not a puppy, she's 1 to 1 and a half." They are always stunned then ask if she's a purebred. One person in disbelief even grabbed her mouth to look at her teeth to verify her age.
Curiosity was killing me and I just had to know, is she or isn't she a mix. I ordered the DNA test the second week in Dec and got the results today. I was actually nervous opening the envelope then stunned and excited at the result. Her result is:
  • Level 1 - Golden Retriever
Thank you so much. This test has pushed all my doubts aside. I found a diamond in the rough, literally. She is still on the road to recovery but 4th time was the charm for her. I included a photo with her and my 2 year old just to show how petite she is plus one to show how beautiful she is. Thanks again and I will definitely recommend this to everyone I know.

Christina
San Antonio, TX

Thanks so much, Christina, for sending the great photos of Tawny. And thanks for spreading the word about www.HappyDogDNA.com!

No comments: